Sunday, July 19, 2009

La Super-Rica

I decided to go for a drive and maybe see the beach and decided the hills would look better without smog, noted the irony and ended up making it to Santa Barbara (about 100 miles away). 

I used it to go to the famous, oft-mentioned, favorite of Julia Child known as La Super-Rica and I'm not really sure if I get it.  It was ok.  Tacos, but no burritos.  The bowl of cheese and bacon doesn't exactly make me think of any Mexican food and really at the end of the day, wouldn't it all be better if we went to Super Cuca's down the road? Or maybe not.  A sudden influx would ruin the benefits of ample parking and a serious lack of a line that Cuca's has and so keep going to the little blue hut and I'll stick with the place that actually has carnitas on the menu and doesn't run out of the guacamole.

On that note, I need to not have a burrito for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment